Wednesday 16 May 2012

Thing 2: Head on the Chopping Block

I've been investigating and posting comments on other blogs belonging to bloggers in a similar position to myself (new and wary about placing the head on the chopping block) but it was actually fine. As I read in the blog of my (as yet) sole commentator, as a profession librarians are just really nice and supportive people so there really is nothing to be worried about. People appreciate knowing someone is reading their blog and there is loads of interesting information and material out there.

I already ahem, acquired some BlogRoll links from another blog when I noticed how useful these resources were. I will continue to read through other blogs to see if there are any other useful resources people have left lying around for me to, acquire... Oh and seeing as I still have my head I'm going to keep on commenting on other blogs (even if I don't have anything particularly useful to say).

Thanks for reading and best of luck with your own Things.

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm just catching up with Thing 2, and as your entry in the cpd23 participants listed you as working in Records Management I thought I'd see what you're up to. I'm an Info Governance person, and I do a bit of RM work. I just started a professional blog, as I'd started doing this with my personal one and thought again when I saw Thing 3. You are totally right - people love it when you comment. It really does validate blogging. Otherwise it's difficult to trust that those "page views" are really people who read them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle, I had a look at your blogs and I think that's a real good idea having both personal and professional blogs to separate your writing. Reading through your pro-blog you seemed to gain a lot of good experience quickly. It's a good example, one I hope to follow. Oh and though I don't know much about baking or cooking I'm now hungry after reading your personal-blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Damien, just started cpd23 and came across your blog. Father Ted's house lured me in! I'm half way through my Library and Info management degree and I also decided to do cpd23 as a summer project, so I feel your pain - or joy, perhaps? If you don't mind, I'd like to mention you in my second post, just as an example of how to find a blog you can identify with! Thanks, and all the best with cpd23!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Cahal. Yeah, we actually drove around Clare to find the house and nearly ran out of petrol doing it. Well worth it though. Please feel free to refer to my blog in yours. I'll be checking it out now. Cheers.

      Delete