Friday 1 June 2012

Thing 4 - He's gone all social on me

Hey everyone, I've just completed setting up a Twitter account which if I'm doing this correct is @DamienLibrarian. I can't imagine me having anything worthwhile to say in just 140 characters as I'm very long winded. But it should be useful for current awareness. I think I will search around a bit more and be able to find some useful resources through it. I had always resisted Twitter and have constantly slagged my mates for telling me stories (admittedly funny) about the exploits of Joey Barton the professional footballing clown so I am going to avoid letting any of my fellow tough, footballing, beer-drinking pals in on my having this account :D otherwise I think it will be really useful to me and my new career.

Storify was new to me and though it seems pleasant I am wondering about its usefulness in the library world. If anyone has any good examples of the application of this tool I would really appreciate a link because at the moment I can only envisage using it for my own amusement and not in a professional setting. Having little library experience I may be way off on this but I will investigate some of the blogs I am following to see if there are any  examples in them. Oh and I should start following more people now to keep myself in the loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment